Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Weekend!



Friday through Sunday is called the weekend...I am not sure on why it has received such a name but I LOVE this part of the week.  We will start with Friday, I love it.  This is mine and Drake's day, although we typically share it with Gma.  This Friday was a bit different...started off the same, ended the same but had a not so great middle.  We had plans to go shopping and such with Gma and they were abruptly changed when we got to our destination and poor Drakey threw up!!!:(  If you know me at all, you can guess my reaction to this event.  If not, just know that I can sometimes be a bit mellow dramatic and exaggerate a smidgen.  So the throw up was really just a little spit up but since he is 21/2 I refuse to call it "spit up".  So, Drake and I headed home and quarantined ourselves due to the fact that I thought he might have caught a stomach bug.  So glad that didn't happen:)  Although we escaped the dreaded stomach virus, we didn't however a two night in a row "nightmare".  I don't know if anyone is familiar with these so called "night terrors" and I really hope nobody is because let me be the first to tell you they are no FUN!!  Drake's luckily only lasted 1.25 hours and from what I have heard and read, it was WEAK.  I find that sooo hard to grasp but am so very thankful for the fact that it was mild.  We all slept soundly last night, no nightmare, fever, vomiting, etc.  Soooo glad!

We all went to church this morning happy and thankful for one another:)  Finished the weekend with our usual drive thru Dairy Queen and topped it off with roaming around Midlothian, looking at Christmas lights.  SO happy to see people decorating their houses, representing Jesus, the light of the WORLD!!  We love you JESUS!!  

                                                 Drake LOVES helping me clean house..

                                                         My TWO favorite Cowboys:)

                                                                 Where is Drake??!!!
                                     I see, I get a smile when ICE CREAM is soon to hit the belly!!
                                                   Our house...Thank you sooo much Jason!



YUMMY!!


Oh...so yesterday I had my work Christmas party...as I was in the bathroom getting ready, Drake and Jason were playing around in the bed.  Drake walks in and says; "Mommy, you PRETTY!!! Now let me go get my pow pow back!"  Ha ha...I responded with "Thank you Jason!!" since I knew he sent him in.  Drake has told me a couple of times lately that I am pretty though, on his own.  I know this because Jason wasn't even home.  I love that my husband is teaching Drake to be such a gentleman!!  

Drake is potty trained and often will refuse company while he is going to the restroom but those rare times when he asks me to go too, it's sooo sweet because when he finishes, he says "ohh...let's put the seat down for the ladies!  Here mommy, it's your turn."  

Today, as Drake and I were walking along outside, he looked up at me and asked to hold my hand.  I really wanted to CRY but I didn't.  I just gave him my hand and enjoyed every second of it.  I have replayed it in my head a million times and it only happened, maybe 4 hours ago!!!  I am truly living the DREAM!!!  Thank you Jason and Drake for making me such a Proud and Happy woman! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment