Friday, December 9, 2011

Eat, Sleep, HUNT!


This past weekend the hubby and I headed to the deer lease for my annual hunting adventure.  Since having Drake, I only go once a year, while Jason goes many more. :)  It's an absolutely amazing weekend, that I look forward to each year.  Many of my friends, shake their heads at me...you just don't understand!  I have been asked many of times, WHY!?!?  I think there are many reasons, here are a few: a) It's peaceful...there isn't anything around you.  Cell phone signal is bleak.  So, it's just the hubby and me:) 
b) It's his most favorite thing to do...so, I want to share it with him.  Ya know?  Like be apart of what makes him so happy. 
c) EATING...man oh man the eating.  Starts off at Hard Eight's BBQ in Stephenville.  Best BBQ ever.  Then all the snacks for the Truck ride, to make the 5 hours go by. THEN...breakfast at the cafe: two egg ham and cheese omlette, side of old fashioned grits and two slices toast, YUMMMMM-O! THEN, last and most important Dinner, beef steak, loaded potatoes, onion smothered in no better, than BUTTER and then straight to bed because face it, you can't move due to being stuffed!

Anyways, here are some pictures from our nice and much needed weekend get a way.  I shot a 9 point buck, my biggest one yet!  GOOOO ME!!


This is our bed...the house is super old and grungy but I think that adds to the excitement! 



Our source of warmth! It sure is noisy though!!


The kitchen...if you want to even call it that!


Jason, checking out the trail cam pics...making sure the BIG one is still out there for a KILL!


Why you ask, is he brushing his teeth at the kitchen sink?  Because the bathroom is SOOO Small that you can't freely use the arm motion to brush, LOL!


It's the only time you will see me smile awake at 5AM!!


There he is!!  



Finally heading to breakfast...its 10:30! I'm starving!


Telling his Dad all about my deer! He was sooo proud:)


Evening hunt, here we come!


Now, there is no need to be jealous of my attire and or my weekend FUN! 

1 comment: