Thursday, July 5, 2012

Swim, Sleep, EAT and REPEAT!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful, yet relaxed 4th of July!  We sure enjoyed our middle of the week escape!  This was Drake's first year to experience fireworks.  All the previous years, he's tuckered out on us and not made it.  We met some friends at my salon and enjoyed a delicious watermelon, played soccer, tball, frisbee and watched as the kids faces lit up with amazement, once the fireworks started:)  Such happy times!  Drake went to bed wayyyyyyy past his bed time and of course woke up wayyyyyy early!  Haha...I don't know why he does this?  He has started in the year 2012, coming in our room every single night, between midnight and 2 am.  We are lazy and don't take him back!  (tisk, tisk)  I however, got tired of sharing my bed with two boys, so I made a pallet on the floor next to the bed for Drake and he just curls right up and sleeps. This was fine and all UNTIL...3:45 in the am, I hear a muffled cry for help!  He had rolled under my bed, all the way to the center and was stuck!!!  LORD, help me!!!  

Drake passed his swim class with FLYING colors.  I am soo proud of him, I just can't describe it.  

Well folks...here's to a HOT July, hoping for loads more fun and good memories!



A little play time before swim lessons.



"dad, I'm going to hit it REALLY far!"



He's such a looker!


SOooo in love!


Dancing with his friend, Anna!


Fireworks, we are READY!


Happy 4th from us!




Drake loves to help me clean...I can't complain.  I actually like that he's right with me.  I don't feel like I am neglecting him while doing my daily cleaning list!  We always make a game of it...which generally prolongs the cleaning process BUT such great memories.  He is always asking if today, we clean the shower!?  I think it's his favorite.:)


No comments:

Post a Comment