Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"Does heaven have tools?"

Here we are, June 26! WOW!!  And it's HOT!!!  This past weekend we enjoyed a GREAT family day at the Ranch with the in-laws.  We fished, shopped at a local store favorite (yes, in corsicana!) swam in the tank, cooked out and enjoyed a delicious watermelon!  It was Drake's first time to have watermelon and he LOVED it!! 

We started swim lessons on Monday, well Drake started swim lessons.  He is sure not afraid of going under!  The teacher told me at the end, "he's not scared of much, huh? He's just scary." I laughed...what else could I do!? It's sure true.  Drake has definitely come completely out of his shell and just explores things, before thinking of the end result.  I must admit that I am proud though, that at least he's trying things.  

Every morning, well every day for that matter I try to talk to Drake about God and all the many blessings we have to thank him for.  I started this 31 ways to pray with your toddler...its a skeleton, where I can pull from what I think Drake will or wont grasp.  I usually end up talking way more and explaining far too deep into it because he just probes me for more information.  Today was heaven and we were in the car talking about going to heaven, etc.  Drake was very quietly listening, I could see the wheels turning in his head through the rear mirror.  He interrupted me kindly and asked; "MOM!  Does heaven have tools, to play with!?" Mercy me...I couldn't help but giggle.  "yes, Drake they do and you can play with them." Drake: "Oh, with Jesus too!?!?"  Yes, of course with Jesus! 

Well folks...hope everyone is having a wonderful summer!!  I can't believe the 4th of JULY is next week!?  I'm ready to take Drake to see the fireworks!!!



Cheese, just because!


"YUMMY, to my TUMMY!!"



Day one of swim lessons!!



Day two!!


I love his sweet smile!!!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment