Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weekend in a NUTshell


This weekend was a GREAT one!!  It's rare that I rave about a weekend being "great" or good, when Jason is at the deer lease but this one just was.  Started off not so "great" but all worked out well!  

From the beginning...Friday I had a doctor's appt, so it being UB's last weekend here before heading back to school, I asked him if he could keep Drake for me and of course I had to bribe him with none other than, FOOD!  LOL  I think I have shared on this subject before but maybe not?  Drake has horrible separation anxiety, still at 2 1/2.  It's not hit and miss either, he is very consistent on the fact that he doesn't like to be without his MOMMY!!  We go through this BIG, HUGE long drawn out ordeal, every time I have to drop him off, ANYWHERE...Church on Sunday, Church on Tue/Thur., MY MIL (which keeps him while I work)  sometimes when Jason gets home, I'll have an errand that I want to run, alone and he even does horribly then, with his own DADDY!  Anyways, you get the point.  So, I was fully prepared and had warned Clinton on how bad it can be.  When it was time for me to leave, Drake looked up at me and said, "Mommy, you gotta go bye bye?" I said; "Yes, you take good care of UB and I'll be back lickity split!"  he literally one arm hugged me and ran off to UB's arms.  WOW...you can only guess my reaction!! They had a GREAT time:)  When I got home, I cooked Clinton and his girlfriend Megan a yummy lunch and then put D down for his nap, from there I went on to annihilate Clinton in Kinect, BAHAHA!!  For dinner I made, per Clinton's request; beef enchiladas and dessert was brownie's in the waffle maker, topped with vanilla ice cream, thanks PINTEREST! 

Saturday was BUSY...I worked then we went out to GP.  Got to explore a sweet friends new pad...so proud for Brittany and Michael, and their new house!! We ended Saturday with a YUMMY dinner at Texas Roadhouse, with Gma, Pappy, Clinton and Megan.  Our service was really crummy...of course of all the people to forget to ring in an order for, they forgot Drake's!  All was well though, he took ahold of Pappy's blooming onion and devoured about 1/4 of it, along with Gma's ribs and Ub's steak!  LOL!!  All that playing hard with Michael, up and down the stairs, made him HUNGRY! 



"That is not a racetrack Drake!!"  "I know mommy, I am just pretending."  Now, you keep a straight face and scold again!


Our Uverse was out all weekend, so we had to watch everything on the IPAD.  This is what I was talking about being a bad start to the weekend BUT it ended up so good because we quickly ran out of Mickey Mouse episodes stored on the IPAD and had to resort to our imagination and playing like the "old days" without all the TV blah!!!  It was so refreshing!


This could keep this child occupied for HOURS!!!


He's so sweet!


Negotiations!! 


Paw Paw and D getting warm by a REAL fire, LOL!


LOVE him sooo much!!  Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment